An interactive whiteboard is a piece of hardware that looks much like a standard whiteboard but it connects to a computer and a projector in the classroom to make a very powerful tool. When connected, the interactive whiteboard becomes a giant, touch-sensitive version of the computer screen.
Instead of using the mouse, you can control your computer through the interactive whiteboard screen just by touching it with a special pen (or, on some types of boards, with your finger). Anything that can be accessed from your computer can be accessed and displayed on the interactive whiteboard, for example Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, photographs, websites or online materials.
Using special software included with the interactive whiteboard, you can also interact with images and text projected on the board: rearranging them, changing their size, colour, etc. This offers a much more interactive experience than using a standard whiteboard or using a data projector alone.
• It facilitates creation of a dynamic and conducive learning environment, where students are motivated to be more participative
• The preparation of course material is simplified and key concepts can be easily highlighted
• Additions, relevant notes and changes made on the whiteboard can be easily saved for use at a later time.
• Training modules and conference discussions become more interactive and hence more effective
• Advertising announcements and product demonstrations can be creatively and easily executed
• Employees are able to better understand and absorb information as well as, ideate and communicate better.
Remote Interactive System
• IWBs are compatible with any remote video conferencing software
• Supports remote assistance, resource sharing and simultaneous communication with excellent audio and visual clarity
• Effectively assists online education as a remote teaching aid and in remote conferencing.